Medical Treatment In India
Hospital Data and Appointment Management Portal (OioMyCare.com)
The portal OioMyCare.com will help users to get the best hospitals and healthcare services available across India. The platforms aims to target to Indian market exclusively with vast database of hospitals, treatments, medical services and healthcare service providers across India. A user of the portal can get complete information about hospitals, treatment plans and can also book doctor appointments online.
Overall in India, we have 35,416 government hospitals which have 13,76,013 beds. Also 70% of rural population prefers private hospitals and another 63% of households in rural areas prefer private players. Rural areas often suffer from physician shortages, and disparities between states mean that residents of the poorest states, like Bihar, often have less access to adequate healthcare than residents of relatively more affluent states. State governments provide healthcare services and health education, while the central government offers administrative and technical services.
Some of the major initiatives taken by the Government of India to promote Indian healthcare industry are as follows:
On September 23, 2018, Government of India launched Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY), to provide health insurance worth Rs 500,000 (US$ 7,124.54) to over 100 million families every year.
In August 2018, the Government of India has approved Ayushman Bharat-National Health Protection Mission as a centrally Sponsored Scheme contributed by both center and state government at a ratio of 60:40 for all States, 90:10 for hilly North Eastern States and 60:40 for Union Territories with legislature. The center will contribute 100 per cent for Union Territories without legislature.
The Government of India has launched Mission Indradhanush with the aim of improving coverage of immunisation in the country. It aims to achieve atleast 90 per cent immunisation coverage by December 2018 which will cover unvaccinated and partially vaccinated children in rural and urban areas of India.
The healthcare market can increase three fold to Rs 8.6 trillion (US$ 133.44 billion) by 2022. India is experiencing 22-25 per cent growth in medical tourism and the industry is expected to double its size from present (April 2017) US$ 3 billion to US$ 6 billion by 2018.
There is a significant scope for enhancing healthcare services considering that healthcare spending as a percentage of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) is rising. The government’s expenditure on the health sector has grown to 1.4 per cent in FY18E from 1.2 per cent in FY14. The Government of India is planning to increase public health spending to 2.5 per cent of the country's GDP by 2025.
Best Hospitals in India:
- 1. Sir Ganga Ram Hospital: This is a 675 bed multi-specialty hospital located in New Delhi. The Minimal Access Surgery Department of the hospital is the first of its kind in South Asia. The hospital reserves its 20% beds for financially weaker patients and 40% of its OPD patients are treated free of cost.
- 2. KLE’S Dr Prabhakar Kore Hospital, Belgaum: The hospital is located in Belgaum, Karnataka and has a total capacity of 2000 beds. The hospital boasts of an advanced ICU facility which is the largest in India. The Geriatric Care department of the hospital is also renowned throughout the country. India Today magazine in its February 2010 edition called the Trauma care and Emergency Medicine department of the hospital as the best in India.
- 3. King Edward Memorial Hospital: The hospital was founded in the year 1926 and is controlled by the Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai. The hospital has 1800 beds with 390 staff physicians and 550 resident doctors. The hospital treats about 1.8 million out patients and 78,000 in-patients annually. The hospital’s modern infrastructure and the competent team of doctors have made it a preferable destination for patients. Seth G.S. Medical College attached with the hospital offers both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in medicine.
- 4. Hiranandani Hospital: The hospital is named after its founder, Dr. L.H. Hirandani. The hospital boasts of all the modern diagnostic and medical services along with a team of well qualified doctors and nurses. The hospital deals in various branches of medicine such as Gynecology, Bariatric surgery, Nephrology, Human reproduction, etc. All the medical and diagnostic services are present inside the hospital itself. The hospital also has a system which allows all the hospital beds to be directly monitored from the ICU/ICCU. The hospital also provides special facilities for the physically challenged patients.
- 5. Kokilaben Hospital, Mumbai: Kokilaben Hospital is headed by Tina Ambani, the wife of the industrialist Anil Ambani. This hospital was established in 2010 and is a multi-specialty health center. This is a 750 bed hospital. The hospital is well equipped with all the modern amenities and employs a team of specialist doctors. Kokilaben Hospital boasts of a children’s heart centre, centre for robotic surgery, plastic and cosmetic surgery centre, brain and nervous system centre, centre for bone and joint and many more specialized departments. The hospital is named after the wife of the founder of the Reliance Industries, Late Dhirubhai Ambani.
- 6. Medanta Hospital: One of the most widely acclaimed hospitals in the country is Medanta-The Medicity, which was established in 2009 in Gurgaon. This multi specialty hospital is known for providing world class facilities through its 20 specialty divisions and departments.
- 7. Lilavati Hospital: Lilavati Hospital in Mumbai, which was founded as a charitable trust in 1978, boasts of the best medical facilities in the country, along with state of the art facilities, infrastructure and trained medical staff. This is one of the top class hospitals in Mumbai.
- 8. PGIMER: The next name on the list of best hospitals in India is that of Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER), which is situated in Chandigarh. The hospital has been serving people since 1960, providing high quality medical treatment through experienced and qualified doctors and nursing staff.
- 9. Sankara Nethralaya: Sankara Nethralaya is a world famous eye specialty hospital, which attracts patients from all over the globe for getting high quality and affordable treatment for various kinds of eye related diseases. The hospital has been serving people since 1976.
- 10. Tata Memorial Hospital: Tata Memorial Hospital, a government institute, which specializes in the treatment of cancer, is considered as one of the top hospitals in the country. This hospital was set up in 1941 and is dedicated to fighting this deadly disease. The aim of this hospital, which is looked after by the Health Ministry, is to make cancer treatment affordable.
- 11. NIMHANS: NIMHANS stands for National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences, which is based in Bangalore, is one of the pioneers in the field of neuro sciences. It is devoted to treatment as well as research and training in this field and also is equipped with an in-house lunatic asylum with best in class facilities.
- 12. Fortis Hospitals: Featuring next on the list of top 10 best hospitals of India is the reputed brand name of Fortis Hospitals, which offer excellent health care facilities, with world class treatment, trained doctors, friendly staff and high class infrastructure. Besides its branches all over India, Fortis extends its services in 11 other countries around the globe.
- 13. Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited: It is a healthcare provider. The company is engaged in offering healthcare services and operating standalone pharmacies. The company's segments include healthcare, pharmacy and others. The healthcare segment consists of hospitals, hospital-based pharmacies, and projects and consultancy services.
- 14. Christian Medical College: Christian Medical College is a name which stands for excellence in the field of medical treatment and research and education, with best health care services meant for all classes of the society. The CMC hospital is known for providing subsidized services for those who cannot afford expensive medical treatment.
- 15. All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS): All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) IN New Delhi has reinforced its position as one of the best hospitals in India, on account of having the best doctors, along with excellent infrastructural and research facilities for various diseases. The institute, which was established in 1956, is also a leading training institute for medical students.
These hospitals in Orissa have the range of departments such as surgery care unit, cardiology, emergency care, ICU, chronic treatment unit, radiology, pathology, etc. Today private hospitals in India are largely staffed by professional doctors like the physician, surgeons, and nurses.
- Neurosurgery: We understand your fear and concern when you confront with the need for neurosurgery operations and treatments (brain tumor, hernia, spine surgeries etc). It is most delicate and complex type of surgeries. You can count on us; we will find the best hospitals, doctors and surgeon for the treatment. Consult us for identification, diagnosis, types of treatments & surgeries.
- Oncology (Medical & Surgical): Our team of experts will help you to find the best possible cancer treatment at the best hospitals. We are dealing with all types of cancer patients (breast cancer, prostate cancer, leukemia, lymphoma and etc) and ensure that you under treatment at warm and caring environment. No matter from part of the country you belong to, we help you out getting the best treatment.
- Gastroenterology: There are many best hospitals available in India for the treatment for digestive diseases. We help our patients in getting their better treatment for esophagus, stomach, small intestine and large intestine (colon), liver, gastroenterology in India gallbladder, and pancreas. Our team will help you at every stage of the treatment from booking an appointment to Liver Transplant.
- Orthopedics: We will find the best orthopedic surgeon, physical therapist and even dermatologist for your orthopedic problems. And, ensure that you get the right kind of treatment from the best doctors in the county. Any sort of injuries, accident, diseases of bones, tendons, muscles or skin issues, our team will help you to heal through proper consultation and medication.
- Cardiology: It is most common problem in the country. Do not neglect to any sort of symptoms such as chest pain. These could be turning to serious health ailment such as heart condition, heart attack or angina. Our team will help at the every stage of the treatment from appointment to surgery. Count on us for the medical and diagnosis processes: CT / CAT Scanning, MRI Scanning, Digital Subtraction Angiography, Cardiac Catheterization, Biopsy, etc.
- Ophthalmology: Our team will help you in diagnosis and treatment of eye disorders. Do not neglect your eye problems and getting right treatment is highly recommended. People should consult to an eye doctor and take proper measures for their disorder. Consult us to know the best hospitals and clients for the treatment any types of eye disorder including Eye congestion, Entropion, Glaucoma, Cataracts, Retinal tear and detachment, Corneal disorders and Amblyopia.
- Endocrinology: We are there with you to get best treatment for Endocrinology related disease like: Acromegaly, Diabetes, Gigantism, Hypertension, Metabolism, Pheochromocytoma, Pituitary tumor or pituitary adenomas. Our team will find the best doctors and hospitals for your treatment within your budget and reach. We can understand your concerns, count on us.
OioMyCare.com will be useful for the users to get the complete guidance during the medical journey. The user will be able access the complete information to reach to the hospitals. The users will get the step by step guidance from the team till they admit to their desired hospital.
The users can book doctor appointment on the application through the website OioMyCare.com. The site will show the doctors database to the users. By filtering from the options, the users can register and get an appointment with the concerned doctor they would like to meet and undergo treatment. Booking will be easy for the users and the simplified process and navigation will give them to book their appointment seamlessly.
Medical Bills/ Cost Analysis:
Users can get the complete details about the fees and medical charges for the various kinds of treatment from the site. It would be useful for the users to know the bill in advance to set their medical budget. They can compare the costs of various hospitals for the same treatment and can choose the best fit for them to go with.
Follow Up Treatment:
Users need to set the dates as prescribed by doctors for the follow up treatment. They will get notification and alerts over the treatment which is scheduled. The application will be useful for the patients to record their calendar events to get notifications. Through the website the patients/ users can set the follow up treatment by following few steps.
Treatment at Discounted Rates:
If you are planning for a treatment then it is the right time, please reach us to avail the discounts. We have been providing various services aiming your need and trust us; our team of experts will get the quote from best hospitals across the country for you. You can compare the price and choose the best hospital services that matches with your budget.